One-to-one sessions are available with individuals looking to undergo an initial psychological needs analysis with the option of receiving ongoing psychological support to address any areas that you and your coach would like to be supported to work on with myself. Clients are usually athletes competing at various levels from a range of sports, coaches, assistant coaches, support staff, and parents.
Initial assessments can be conducted in person and/or via Skype depending upon location and usually consist of the following:
- Free 30-min consultation via phone or in person
- One-to-one intake interview
- Psychometric measures
- Performance profile
- Other forms of assessment specifically suited to the individual
Depending upon the results of the initial assessment, a combination of services are available to best support your needs. An individual case formulation report will be developed with ongoing assessment taking place. I offer a combination of face-to-face and online sessions to provide psychological support, which can take place at a time and place most convenient to you.
Ongoing support usually consists of a combination of techniques and will be tailored to the needs of the individual. These usually include:
- Observational analysis (training and/or competition)
- Athlete, coach, and/or parent education and support
- Biofeedback (physiological responses)
- Relaxation techniques
- Counselling (CBT techniques)
- Rational Emotive Behaviour Therapy (REBT)
- Cognitive restructuring
- Developing pre-performance routines
- And more…
Individual sessions normally last 60-minutes and can be scheduled according to your requirements (e.g. sessions on a weekly, monthly or seasonal basis).
Example topics that are common within sport:
- Emotional regulation
- Dealing with injury and return to play
- Optimising performance
- Transitions (competitive level, age group)
- Retirement from sport
- Coach support (observation and developmental feedback)
- Creating a motivational climate for athletes
One-to-one sessions are available in the following packages:
- One-off Session — £40
- Block of 3 Sessions — £120
- Block of 5 Sessions — £200
- Block of 10 Sessions — £400
If you would like to book a one-to-one session, please complete the contact form on the Contact page or by clicking here.